From the National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention’s website:
To help reduce rising rates of skin cancer from overexposure to the ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun, the National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention has designated the Friday before Memorial Day as “Don’t Fry Day” to encourage sun safety awareness and to remind everyone to protect their skin while enjoying the outdoors. Because no single step can fully protect you and your family from overexposure to UV radiation, follow as many of the following tips as possible:
- Avoid sun burning, intentional tanning, and using tanning beds.
- Apply sunscreen generously
- Wear sun-protective clothing, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses.
- Seek shade.
- Use extra caution near water, snow, and sand.
- Get vitamin D safely through food and vitamin D supplements.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Be smart when you’re out in the sun, everyone!