I’ll be honest, I can probably count the number of times I’ve eaten at Red Lobster on one hand. That being said…those biscuits they serve are out of this world. So good.
Well, I’ve been on a big cooking kick lately and this time around, I wanted to try to recreate these delicious items. Found a recipe online and as it turns out, it is possible – and easier than you might think.
They were really tasty. Here’s the directions for making them if you want to give it a try.
Have a great day!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
FOR THE TOPPING
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.